Urban Thinkscape is an initiative to integrate the benefits of playful learning into the urban fabric. The project aims to transform learning outcomes for children (preschool through elementary-age) by changing existing public spaces into environments for playful learning and interaction.
Hume carried out research translation and design from concept to completion.
In collaboration with prominent psychologists Prof. Kathy Hirsh-Pasek and Prof. Roberta Golinkoff, the pilot for Urban Thinkscape includes impact assessment which has been analysed and published.
Urban Thinkscape Project: Activating Public Spaces for Playful Learning
Centre on the Developing Child, Harvard University
Weaving Games and Puzzles Into the Fabric of a City
- Project Type: Science-Informed Design, Strategies, Insights
- Project Status: Completed
- Year: 2018
- Location: Philadelphia, USA
- Clients: Temple University, funded by William Penn Foundation
- Research Partners: Temple University